I'm hosting a free webinar this week — details below!
Cohort-based courses are on the decline if the tastemakers are to be believed. And it makes sense. Now that people aren’t stuck at home, they probably don’t want to spend time interacting online when they can interact IRL. But that doesn’t mean that CBCs have no utility.
In fact, I think that there’s a great way we can make CBCs even better, by employing a tactic that has been explored in the K12 and higher education settings: the flipped classroom.
In the episode we'll...
- Check out the flipped classroom model, a way to get students more involved and boost their learning.
- See how engaging teaching methods move past old school methods and foster better student participation.
- Learn some of the pitfalls of the flipped classroom in a practice.
- Measure the effect of customizing course material to suit students, a way to make education more personalized.
- See how the topic matters when considering the use of the flipped classroom model.
- Address how we can incorporate the flipped classroom model in cohort-based courses.
Until next time,
The Podcast Systems Guy